OrchardAVE

OrchardAVE
Here's Your Sign

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Owl Status

One year older and wiser too, I have now reached “owl status” I believe. I am wise, bad luck, mysterious, beautiful, and blah, blah, blah. Turning 19 was weird. I had to say goodbye to traditions, I really missed the candles, decorations, and attention from my family. Perhaps it’s not healthy to keep up such useless customs and behaviors anyway. But secretly, I’m glad that the day after my birthday was so much better. I got the attention I deserved! I felt like singing! “I feel thrifty, oh so thrifty; Thrifty, and nifty, and gayyyyyyyyy!” That was me singing, by the way. For my birthday, my mother and sister journeyed with me to the DI at Welfare Square. It was an awesome day for housewares! A new tea pot, waffle iron/maker, a dish rack, and cool old glasses! Man, I was in heaven. I also got a cool dress, and Whitney got some knickers! Jealous! What I really wanted was a bicycle, and it is STILL not in the stars for me to have one. I can’t find cheapies anywhere!

My favorite part of this entire weekend was when Cameron Reinhart said, “We would like to wish a very brutal birthday to a very brutal girl.” then proceeded to scream Necromaniac’s version of Happy Birthday. This Saturday was my 19th birthday celebration at MojosBrad Rizer opened up the night with his classic harmonies, and even a rendition of NO FX’s “Happy Birthday You’re Not Special”. Marny Proudfit played, and it was very emotional, her new EP is much more mature sounding than her previous, and even her album. She has grown a lot through her music, and I wish her luck in her adventures. Thetaville, a progressive instrumental band from Salt Lake played next, and they rocked it. Who needs a six member band when you can get the job done with three? Machines Of Man was excellent. Every time is better than the last, and I was blown away. These guys have an EP you can pick up, but seeing them live is so much better. They are playing with The Human Abstract in June, everyone should go. Necromaniac was the ultimate entertainment, of course. Although fake blood was forgotten this time, Mother Mary was not. Cameron was making out with her, too. But as luck would have it, there was like seven people left in the room at this time, but it was special because they wore make up, skirts, and lingerie just for me!


I managed to forget to turn on the oven for my cake at my house, so I brought the “pudding” batter to mojos to bake it in his oven in the back. That cake was just bad luck, the oven was turned off at least three times, and I even burnt it once I got it to actually bake. Everyone who was there just dug in, and I was secretly disgusted. I wanted cake o meal, and to take this home, but no. It was destroyed in seconds by the gang.
I spent the later part of the evening with Drew Olguin at his place, playing with his hair and stroking his perfectly soft face. We are like a pair of kittens. cute, cuddly, feisty, and predictable. I love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment