OrchardAVE

OrchardAVE
Here's Your Sign

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fiesta or Siesta?

With Cinco De METAL on Thursday, the new Rancho Market opening the other week, and an extra abundance of yard sales lately, I think I need a siesta! Today after working at the oh so exciting Good Earth, I decided today was the day for a bike ride. GASP! Raychel Jayne doesn’t even have a bike, how on earth can she be trendy in her little pink dress and ride around town?! Lucky for me there was a yard sale on 26th and Madison, but nothing too exciting. Just a bunch of broken English, toys, microwaves, and yes even a bike or two. But I passed it up. Now I’m not a frilly, prissy, yuppie, hipster lass. No sir! I wanted a yard sale bike, and there was a certain lime green and black lady I was caressing and whispering sweet nothings to. She was missing all the hardware for the front brake, and the seat would give any crotch a bruise, but I wanted her! Sadly, now this is the tear-jerker segment of my ridiculous tale, I had no cash, (or peso I suppose this is Ogden we’re talkin about) to purchase said lady bicycle. (Insert sad face and twirling around in a fit of rage here.)But oh well, I mean, ya know, whatever. Hopefully Drew and I can fix his bicycles soon, because all I want is to ride around the city and get to the bus stop in a quicker and swankier fashion!
Speaking of Cinco De METAL: This Day Will Tell, the band that played and slept over at Mojos, joined me in a ghost investigation. It was scarier than usual in that smelly basement, probably because I kept telling stories of the good ol days and the rich history that Ogden has. I someday hope to be a part of Ogden’s antiquity. I love my hometown! The boys were getting scared, and the next morning they told me they heard knocking and unexplained noises throughout the night. Someone even encountered a shadow figure. Rad, right?
 This is the basement of MOJOS, with all the orbs and activity!
Ogden's finest yard sale!

1 comment:

  1. dearest dear,
    i am a biking in pretty dresses pro. i also know my way around a bikes hardware blindfolded and backwards. if your bike needs love i can surly help you. ALSO! i just realized you're my neighbor kinda...within a miles still neighbors right?

    ReplyDelete