OrchardAVE

OrchardAVE
Here's Your Sign

Friday, May 13, 2011

Je adorent se déguiser!

Watching your favorite movie in another language is a whole different experience! And that was precisely what I did Thursday night! Remember that French fellow that Drew and I met at the transit station on the night of unspeakable horror?! Well his name is Dylan Braillard, and he actually temporarily lives in Ogden. But of course that silly boy hasn’t soaked up the “Ogden Experience”! So we met up and I took him to mojos for Nurture The Creative Mind's Slam Jam “I have never seen this place…” he whispered. His eyes danced from painting to painting, his jaw dropped as Brad Rizer sang the blues, and I saw his nostrils flare with the smell of local coffee brewing. Well welcome to my home, it is so because everyone here is my family. People know me by name, and when they ask, ‘how are you doing?’ they actually mean it. There is real raw talent here, and there is that incredible feeling of community that cannot be felt in any other city or setting.
Now I am starting to get all teary-eyed!
Later Dylan and I watched 500 Days of Summer in French with English subtitles. It makes me really want to be motivated in learning another language, French specifically. If Drew learns it, then we can talk crap on people and they won’t know what we’re saying! Especially since you can’t really talk crap in sign language or Spanish in this town! The RayDo Show now featured in FRENCH! How deluxe! You don’t see other Ogden couples as extravagant as us!
Speaking of the RayDo Show, we shall be dressed in our best tomorrow night for the greatly anticipated St. Joseph High School’s Prom! Drew is going to look so sexy in his tux with tails! I am going to be featuring 2 or maybe 3 dresses that night, if all goes according to my plan! Stephanie McCarthy has so graciously lent me her black dress. This piece of household couture was designed and sewn by her mother Bodawn Roose; it features a hand beaded snow flake and volumes of tool and sparkle! My next dress that I shall change into after the dance will be the red devil! Mikki, or Indie Ogden, is providing this one for me. Originally from the 1970’s, the red dress has vintage polk-a-dots and a unique top. This dress will make a fine “after dance” ensemble. And of course, the 3rd dress- my original. The sexy, sophisticated black dress courtesy of Spike’s Clothing & Stuff must be worn! The reason I had to get back ups was because of the “Prom Dress-Code” i.e. every dress must be floor length, and men must be in tuxedos. Ugh. Oh well, either way the RayDo Show will shine. And that is my attitude! Pictures of Saturday night to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment