OrchardAVE

OrchardAVE
Here's Your Sign

Friday, May 6, 2011

Hints...

Summer is hinting. I can smell it on the breeze, feel it as I peel off my sunburn skin, and taste it in my cake-o-meal. Finally.
So what better way to bring in the “hints o summer” than going for a run through my beautiful mountain home! Ok, you’re right. Who am I kiddin? A RUN?! Pppppffff. I went on a walk/jog instead. I am so out of shape it is hilarious! Although I may have the appearance of skinniness, I am a fat lard! I almost threw up twice because I don’t have proper breathing technique, and I kept choking on my spit. Cute, right? I only made it to Harrison Blvd. which is still 11 blocks away. I only managed to not collapse on the ground by taking little “breaks” to tie my shoe or stretch. My body must be hinting something, that perhaps my rock n roll lifestyle (as if) is too much. Blahhh. Never again, ok maybe tomorrow morning, this time I will make it 1 block past Harrison! Little goals are what it’s all about!
The back porch of Mojos Café and Gallery is one of my most favorite places, blogging spot of choice, actually. It reminds me of when I had youth, when I first realized why life is so worth living. When I was touched and forever changed by local music. It’s an odd phenomenon, a quaint and fragile creature at times, and at others a beast. Well especially Ogden’s metal scene. The shows this past week were really great, with Everyone Dies In Utah and This Day Will Tell last night, as well as Across The Sun on Tuesday. It was a great week for hardcore.
And Saturday the 28th of May will be even better. Necromaniac, Drew’s alternative-personality band is playing just for me. Well, all of you are invited of course. But it is a guaranteed good time. Cake will be involved too, and who can say no to that eh?!
    Mojos! Rock n Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment