OrchardAVE

OrchardAVE
Here's Your Sign

Sunday, May 1, 2011

addictions

Alright, someone sit me down and let’s have an intervention. I’m an addict! To drinking half & half, to kissing Drew, going to the spring, to having tea parties, and yes- even to blogging. How terrible! Someone save me! Well, actually don’t because I love half & half too much!
This morning was completely lovely. On Sunday sunup, Drew and I like to go behind the back of mojos. We drink some tea, listen to the Mexicans sing Christian songs next door, and talk about our weekend. Usually Devin and Sage will join or meet up, but it was just me and my sweetheart today. I brought the cake I made last night, (prepared with local eggs, how indie of me.) I also brought along my elephant tea pot with an English breakfast tea, and of course the poetry book. We didn’t stay in the alley for long because the sun god was coaxing me out of the shadows and into the wilderness.
So, like the addict I am, Drew and I packed up and drove to the 27th street trail head. We followed the “undisclosed path” to the satanic circle, which is actually no more than a hobo camp because of the fire pit and coolers and cans. We laid out my blanket, and sat in the fickle sun. I swear there were no clouds when I looked out my windows this morning! But all is well, because my skin is now slightly burnt and my cheeks are rosy, just like how I like. On our way down, we ran into the charming Mikaela Shafer and her indie family and small-talked for a spell. Speaking of her, she needs to blog about the “RayDo Show,” the name commonly used to describe Drew and me. Today was one of those “we are meant to be” days, seeing as how Drew and I kept saying and thinking the same things at the same time and whatnot. Sometimes I like to think we are the same person, or at least our souls, essences of being- existing, are in synergy. Actually, my soul is a dark corner in the depths of hell, but you all know what I mean!

Drew and I behind Mojos

                                          The local eggs i used for my cake! (thank you Amy!)

                                                         Me eating cake batter, (obviously)
                            


                                                                       SATAN

No comments:

Post a Comment